Cartoon you

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by . : tale_wind, Oct 25, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

2. 61 No. B

not enough variety
    theres no way i come out of this not looking like an urban hipster fuck

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Not nearly enough variety

4. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

5. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

wearing a shirt and trousers is hipster now?

6. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Yay for a non-binary option.
    Boo for not even having my hair style.

7. Spike H E R O

Nothing against you buddy, but the avatar is way too happy-lookin' for my tastes.

8. Antidote Façade

[​IMG]

hey it's me

wow it's so uncanny!

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Whose avatar?

10. Spike H E R O

Not yours, "Nuktuk".

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I would agree, but having genders correspond to body types is just as bad as not including non-binary. Hell, even including NB as a blanket term is problematic since it kind of implies the assumption that all non-man and non-woman gender identities are the same. All the term "non-binary" does is turn the gender binary into a gender ternary. Sexgenders, demigenders, and antigenders, for example, are easily forgettable when they can all be dismissed under the term "non-binary."

Sorry if that kind of turned into a rant. The mention of non-binary gender sometimes triggers (as in "activates," not like when it's used in reference to PTSD) that line of thought in me and it gets hard to stop thinking about unless I let it out. See, I have a certain amount of fascination with the concept of gender as a grammatical construct and in learning about that I've found out that some languages have as many as 18 genders, even though tend to use the standard ternary (masculine, feminine, neuter) when it comes to gender roles and identities. It got really cool when I noticed that even though babies are referred to with "he" or "she" pronouns, they're treated as the neuter gender (which ordinarily takes "it" pronouns) for the first several months of their lives.

Sorry if that turned into a tangent. I was just on that train of thought and sort of rolled with it and before I knew it I had written a paragraph longer than the rant that I was using that paragraph to apologize for in the first place. It's just that when I was a kid my parents always encouraged me to try and explain myself as fully as possible whenever I apologized for anything and it's become kind of a bad habit. I think that also has to do with why I have an addiction of sorts to gift giving. See, a part of my process for apologizing is to do something to make up for whatever I did wrong in order to show my sincerity and for the past couple of years I've felt a lot of guilt over nothing in particular. This has led to me joining online Secret Santa games several times a year as if I feel the need to validate my existence by contributing to people's happiness even though I realize it's in a very materialistic way..

God dammit, I did it again. I'm done now. I promise. Actually, since I'm talking about myself maybe I shou-