Can I get some help deciding?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jin, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jin うごかないで

Okay so My birthday's coming up and I'm looking into getting a gaming keyboard and mouse. Now I already know which mouse i'm getting, Razer Naga cause I mainly play ffxiv and that'll be a good mouse for me to bind my ninja stuff to and all (i've been playing as ninja on controller so far, to do the rotation right on your controller nearly breaks your fingers)

anyways aside from that digression, I initially was looking at the Razer DeathStalker ultimate elite w.e the hell it's called with a touch pad to the right. I talked it over with my parents and they agreed if I want it they'll get it me but they're still giving me time to decide, now after looking into reviews and everything for the death stalker, I've heard a lot of mixed arguements about the keyboard, particularly the fact it's not mechanical and that it's membrane chiclet.

Now I'm pretty clueless to most of this to be honest cause I've never been given the chance to get a mechanical or whatever gaming keyboard for myself. I've been hearing that the touch pad on the deathstalker is more or less a failed selling point, it's unresponsive and very flimsy to use for gaming and the keyboard itself isn't really the best for gaming all around because it's not mechanical, i've watched videos and they've all more or less said the same thing. The reason i'm still considering it though is because I've found a pretty cheap one going for £180 but I honestly don't know right now if i'm sure of getting the deathstalker ultimate

I've been seeing people say things about corsair stuff or the razer blackwidow ultimate chroma so i'm very lost right now on what to do. can i get any suggestions?

also to give you an idea of what i'll be using it for: FFXIV
    programming
    video editting
    3d modelling

so could you guys guide me a bit on if i should get the deathstalker or blackwidow or what i should do?

2. The Fuk? Dead

Get a Ducky Shine II (III if you can't find a II) with black switches. Trust me, you want a mechanical keyboard.

3. Arch Mana Knight

No.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tesoro master race. Brown switches are where it's at. It's harder to find the Tesoro Evil(black)/Saint(not black) keyboards but all Tesoro's keyboards are mechanical and look damn cool. I've got the Saint and brushed aluminum feels so good. Plus none of the letters on the board will fade because they're not "inked in" like a lot of keyboards. A really neat feature comes in the form of the little rubber stands to angle your board. You can have it flat, slightly angled, or more angled.

My keyboard is probably one of the best constructed pieces of hardware I've ever owned. I could bash a door down with it and it wouldn't even dent. ...Well maybe it would but dammit that door would go down.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Am I the only one that hates mechanical keyboards? I do just fine playing online games with a simple logitech MK520 keyboard. I also have the mouse from the combo pack to use, but very rarely do I. Plus it's cheap and feels nice. It's not fancy like most others with all the macro keys, but if you already are getting a mouse for those, you really don't need a keyboard with all the fancy keys either

5. The Fuk? Dead

Yo don't no me BRUH. Ducky Shine is the shit.

6. Arch Mana Knight

I've heard great things about Ducky but the keyboards I've seen just look so...meh. I have no doubt their quality is top notch but I want to feel like I'm from the future without looking childish*.

*Not looking childish is totally optional. Looking like I could belong on the set of The Enterprise would totally be awesome.

7. Jin うごかないで

I'm not too fond of just how bulky they look, y'know?