BTW Fullmetal Alchemist fans

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

If you plan to buy DVD's or Blu-Rays for the 2009 Brotherhood anime or Conquerer of Shamballa movie, do so now.

Funimation's license for the series ended March 31 of this year meaning that they can't produce anymore copies, and everything that's in stock now is all they'll have.

They're running a sale now on all of the series' anime, and Amazon's already out of Complete Collection Two, though I think Complete Collection One is very discounted.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. 61 No. B

if for any reason this means funi puts out the other one piece movies ill be so happy

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Wow, their license ran out? I would have thought they'd hold that for so much longer. Then again, I don't know when they got the license, so meh. I don't buy anime stuff anyways, so it doesn't concern me. This crap is going to get so expensive in about 6 months too

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah, it looks like they gave up the chance to renew it back in February I think. I think that also means that it'll disappear from Netflix as well.

And this is only for Brotherhood. The original Fullmetal Alchemist series rights is still held by Funimation (with recently releasing the very first English Blu-Ray disks).

And it makes sense. The original will always be held up as a classic; it's a license to just print money. Brotherhood isn't like that though. I've heard it's really good quality, but it had yet to reach the kind of status the original did (mostly due to just being lightning in a bottle).

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

The original messed up badly though, since it didn't follow the manga's plot. I mean, it had its amusing parts, but as a whole, the original and its 25 episodes just weren't really all that exciting or entertaining, and the ending was just a bore. The movie was decent, but I still liked Conqueror of Shambala more.

I'm not saying shows that don't follow the manga are bad, but what they did kind of butchered it

6. Hayabusa Venomous

We're not talking about faithfulness or personal opinion; the first anime was just very successful and sold very well.

Not to say Brotherhood wasn't successful (it very much was), it just had the burden of following up on another anime based on the same manga with almost the same name that aired 6 years prior and it had roughly the same plot for (I believe) ~11 episodes.