Bloodlust

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mysty, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Mysty Unknown

Prologue​

In the beginning, there were the gods of Nirvana. They bestowed to the universe a home to their liking. They sought a place to use for the experiments they could not do among each other. In the emptiness of space, the planet formed and they named it Crania. The gods were selfish, however. Each wanted the planet for themselves. Over the time of argument, the planet grew with life. It was then decided that each god would be given a portion of the world. One was granted the experimentation of the sea world. Another the world of the flying. The beasts, human's, and plant life as well were given to individual gods.

Over the Eons, the gods experimented, dissected, and evolved the creations life had brought. The one who changed the way gods thought however was the god of the humans. He was referred to as Alpha. He diverged humanity into two groups and let them experiment among each other. The two he created were that of the normal human, and the beings who became known as the lusters.

The lusters were a species of all males. The only way for them to reproduce is to lay their seed in a human woman. They are strong beings who have a unique ability; lusters can manipulate their body in a specific way. It is unknown to all except the user. They do not look like humans either. They do have distinct differences. Their pupils are blood red, their veins are much closer to the skin giving a blue tint to many parts of their body except their face, and the one thing that distinct them most of all, is that they survive on blood instead of water. In past times, people believed them to be vampires but they lacked many qualities to disprove that.

The current date is October 2nd, 1184. The human society lives in fear from the Luster's thirst for blood. The current king known as Mucan is himself a Luster and has stated that Luster's will have priority over humans. If one is in need of blood and no beast is around to slaughter for such, they are permitted to attack and feast. Any human that resists is killed by his royal knights. Humans pray to Alpha to send for a hero to save them and bring peace back to the planet of Crania.

Alpha has heard the human plea. The other gods watch as it bestows a person to the land. They wouldn't be given peace for fifteen years until the person was old enough to set their course. Once that happened. Alpha would no longer assist the child. They would have to make the journey themselves. Humanity would need to bare the fifteen years. On October 2nd, 1199, Humanity will be given a chance. That date is now. The hero has come... They just don't know it yet.

Chapter 1 will be tomorrow at 8 p.m. Western Time.

2. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

Well I like it, its a good start.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

The first few paragraphs were really strong, but eventually you lost me a little. The descriptors were a little too much like summaries. It's fine to summarize information so that it's not overblown, but here I get lost because the descriptions about events and characters involved are just too short. Critique given, I'd like to mention also what I really liked. First off, what made the first few paragraphs really strong was that it was simple, to the point, but poignant and read like folklore, which I presume is the style you were going for here. The events seem interesting, as do the different classes of beings; tell us a little bit more about them and I'm certain we'll have a very nice picture of well-conceived plot developers. Truth be told, it all read like folklore and I really liked the whole "Demigod"-like bit towards the end.

I look forward to reading more. Despite what I said about structure, I personally think it is a very interesting start. I am, in fact, intrigued to read more.

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

.... What Idea in this did I give you? I'm scared to know honestly, but I think the story has a lot of potential. I look forward to reading more.

5. Mysty Unknown

Chapter 1: Dawn of the Hero
    Within the dark cove of the streets in the capital city of Femon, a figure shaded a dark brown cloak sat with blood dripping down his hands. The figure wiped the blood on his cloak, leaving stains. The look on his face was one of depression and anger. The only thing that compared to it was a child who had lost his mother to the keeper of death. Sitting in pity did was not going to end the war between man and luster. He rose from his bloody pool and began to cross into the main streets of the city.

The city of Femon was a large place. It had wealth in nearly every place. The shops were always booming with sales and the people appeared happy. Inside them though was the obvious suspense that one wrong move would mean death if a luster was near. It was fall so the trees had leaves of beautiful purples, reds, and pinks. The god known as Zeta changed the colors every year, probably to see what human's enjoyed best. It gave a change to the world though. Curiosity did make few less wary of the threats around them.

A crowd had gathered around one of the squares in the city. The only times this occurred was to watch a pair of lusters attack a defenseless human. People only watched to see who it was so they could report any friends or family of the incident. It became accustomed. The only hope people had was the luster would be full for at least a week after the harvest. Just because they weren't hungry anymore doesn't mean that you were completely safe from their wrath.

There were two lusters. A duo of boys named the Sling brothers. They were titled this for their abilities. One was tamed Rubin and the other Rol. Rubin had the ability of stretching his appendages like a rubber band. His brother Rol could morph his body into a ball. Together they formed a perfect slingshot. The abilities were weak to some other lusters, but to a human, it still meant an untimely end.

The prey they had selected was a girl. A beautiful teen with glowing white hair and pale skin. Her clothes were not of nobility, nor were they of any type of peasant. She seemed normal almost. A strange black bandanna with no eye wholes was also on her. She somehow had a way to visualize what was going on with the way she moved around.

"You brat. We are hungry. You know the law, you must feed us." Rol said with saliva dripping from is mouth.
    "Rol is right. You have been chosen to be our meal, girly."

The girl said nothing as the two spoke. She continued to look ready to fight. This irritated the brothers. Rubin stretched his arms trying to punch the girl while Rol was in the air trying to flatten her with his technique. Right before they both landed their attacks, she dodged out of the way, causing Rol to land right on Rubin's arms making the stretchy brother call out in pain.

"You oaf. Watch where you land yourself."
    "Whatever. Lets just give her the slingshot cannon."
    "We never have to work this hard for our food. She better be delicious."

Rubin grabbed Rol and stretched his arms back. He waited for the right moment to attack. The girl looked ready too. She charged, believing she could take on the attack, however tripped. This was the moment they were waiting for. Rubin launched Rol at her and and direct impact was made. She fell to the ground with her bandanna falling off.

The boy leaped up above from the crowd and landed between her and them. The hood dropped down and his face was revealed. A boy with rough skin, black hair... and red eyes. He glared at the two in front of him. "I am Plasma. A luster like you. You'll not lay a finger on her." He said with a serious expression. The girl tried to stand back up but struggled. She was wounded badly. "Hey, stay down. I'll get you better after I deal with these two."

"Who is this *******, Rol?"
    "I don't know, but he is in our way, and that is illegal too. Lets launch another slingshot canon. I am tired of this crap." The two went in position and the canon was loaded.

Plasma stood their without little change. The canon was launched and the sound of a bullet could be heard. A bullet wound entered both Rol and Rubin's heads. Plasma's arm was extended pointed right at the two. His index finger pointed at the bodies. Blood seeped out of his finger as the tip had been blown completely off. Each finger was like this actually. He had no tip to any of his fingers. He shot bullets of blood at his enemies. Plasma brought his finger up to his mouth as he blew on it to allow it to harden.

He reached down to the girl to help the girl up. "Hey, you're gonna be all right. The hit did very little to you. It just left a bruise."

The girl rose with his help. "Thank you. I would have been in some serious trouble without your help." She brushed herself off and turned her towards him. Her eyes could be seen. Her pupils were blood red. "My name is Amy. Glad to see not all luster's are heartless like them."

He was not expecting her eyes to be the color of a luster. It wasn't unheard of for humans to have a red eye color. It was a trait albino's had after all. The white hair added to that claim. "Y-yeah. It was no problem. You should be more careful. We should probably leave the city now too."

"Wait! Why are we leav-" She was interrupted by guards who had blown a trumpet. It was illegal to kill luster's even if you were one yourself. "Oh, that's why. Well let;s get out of here."

The guards chased them down. Seeing as they were already criminals. Amy grabbed a sword and sheath from a stall right outside the city. They had an advantage. The guards wore heavy armor which slowed them down. With no time at all, they were far enough ahead that the guards lost them. Once out, the two stopped for a second to breathe. "So, whats the plan from here."

"The plan from here is for you to mail your family and friends and try to find a new place to live." He turned his back and began to walk to the southeast plane. "Don't get eaten by the beast's girl."

"I don't have any friends or family!" she yelled trying to stop him. "It is just me. I have nowhere to go. Take me with you."

"I'm sorry, but I work alone." He continued to walk away leaving the girl, and the city behind him.

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

A little fast-paced, but I like the read. It plays out something like a Japanese manga. (EDIT: After personal discussion with the author, I can verify this point is true, and the whole of the inspiration is very, very accurate.) The visualizations are strong, and I finally get what a Luster is through them. Very interesting characters all throughout, between the simple-minded thugs and the odd stranger with heroic tendencies and the Damsel in distress. You don't need a terrible amount of detail to paint the picture of scenery, but it wouldn't hurt, because the flow of the story gives all the imagery you need. Excellent first chapter all around. A very refreshing read, Myst.

7. riku1186 Destiny Islands Resident

Sorry for the slow reply. Sebax pretty much says everything I was going to say, my main concern is the chapter is short in my opinion, but thats my only real concern.

8. Mysty Unknown

Chapter 2: Sands of Marrow
    Night had passed by rather quickly. The sun rose and the clouds aligned making a beautiful aura rain down. The town of Kidnima sat in silence as the morning sun rose. Amy had been resting outside of a Blacksmith's home. She was poor and couldn't afford the inn. She came to the same city as Plasma, not wishing to separate from him just yet. She knew he was resting at the inn and decided to sneak around a little.

She came to the window looking in to see he was still asleep. Moments after he rose up from his sheets and walked to a drawer right next to the bed he slept on. After putting some clothes on the bed, he began to undress. A light blush came onto her face as this happened as she quickly looked away from being embarrassment. Above her, an old woman was dumping a pile of garbage out the window. The pile that collected garbage was sitting right next to Amy. The old woman completely missed the target as it hit Amy upon the head, covering her in filth.

"Oh dang it, missed it again." She said. She then noticed Amy was hit by it grew in shock. She ran downstairs and came to talk with her. "I apologize dear miss. Please come with me so we can clean you up."

Amy nodded, shivering from the discomfort of rotten food and other matter that she wished not to know where it originated from. After a shower and well done scrubbing, she emerged dressed in fine white and brown clothes. She bowed to the woman who had given her the clothing and the hospitality of cleaning herself from the filth.

Amy entered the main hall seeing Plasma walking away from the inn with new attire completely. He had a form of gray plate armor that looked strangely light and normal black pants. His arms were completely visible as well. His vein’s pulsed and glowed as the circulation of blood went through his body. She called out to him, "Hey, Plasma, wait up!"

Plasma stopped in shock to see the girl had followed him all this way. She was a stubborn girl apparently. "What do you want, girl. I am a dangerous creature. Why must you insist on this pointless mission?"

"I still wish to travel with you. Like I said, I have nowhere to go." She said is a desperate tone. The crowd around looked in confusion. Why was a human girl wishing to journey with a luster. it was unheard of in this day and age. It was suicide. If he hungered he would surely not hesitate to attack her.

"Fine. You wish to come along, I can't stop you. It dangerous where I am headed."
    "I can handle anywhere. I am strong enough to fight anything in our way." She pulled out her sword and swung it towards him.
    "Hmph. Then off to the Sands of Marrow. We leave at 6 tonight. Get some supplies and feed yourself if you need to. I already consumed a bore before arriving." The crowd around sighed in relief. They knew he would be too full to eat any of them.

A few hours passed by and it had just struck 6 o'clock. Amy sat at the exit of the city where the field to the desert began. Plasma came out of a bar throwing some coins and laughing while carrying a beer. He walked up to Amy. "I'm sorry, want some?"
    She looked away at him in discuss, "I'm not even 17. I can't drink. Nor would I ever want to taste the vileness of alcohol. You should be ashamed yourself for not being of age."
    "What are you talking about? I turned 17 last month. I'm legal. I honestly thought you were too."
    "Well I'm not. I just turned 15 yesterday."
    "Ah, well no better time to drink then on a birthday." he drank the rest of the mug and placed it on the table next to them. His expression and attitude completely changed. "Let's go."

The Sands of Marrow were a dreadful place. It was blistering twelve hours of the day, and freezing the other. A desert far to the north in the middle of fall had that sort of effect. The sand was smooth and a brownish-red. It was said that long ago the gods decided to test man against beast. That was why the sand was red, from all the blood spilled. These sands were also very deadly. No one had ever crossed the desert and came back alive. The bones across the desert were another reason for its naming.

During the walk, Amy stood behind Plasma not saying anything. After an hour or two, her stomach began to growl. Plasma only rolled his eyes. He knew she wasn't prepared enough for the journey. Wearing long sleeved clothing and not bring any food was unwise. "I told you to get prepared. It’s a good thing that some beast's come out here at night to feed." He looked around and saw a small bore running around for food. He lifted his hand and shot it. It collapsed and died right there. "There you go. We'll make a fire here and stop for a while for you to eat."

"May I eat alone please? I have a pet peeve about people eating around me."

"Yeah, whatever." Amy grabbed the bore and set up a fire. Plasma walked a bit further ahead to locate his destination and find the northern star. That pointed to where he needed to go. They were on the right track. He headed back over believing she would be done with her food so they could once again move out. As he arrived though, he saw something he did not expect at all. The girl was drinking the bore's blood. "Just who the hell are you."

Amy jumped from Plasma's arrival and words. She threw the bore behind her and looked away from him.
    "I ask you who you are. Why is a girl drinking the blood of a bore? Only lusters so that. Lusters are only males."
    She began to speak softly. "My name is Amy Crona and I am a female lust--"
    A large scorpion dug out from the ground from behind them. Before she could finish it attacked and ripped off some of Amy's clothes revealing her glowing blue veins. Jumping back, Plasma quickly tried to shoot at it, however, his bullets were nearly deflected by the armor. Amy reached into her sheath and grabbed the sword that was stolen in the capital. She moved at a great speed and with a quick slash, the scorpion was cut in two. She landed back to the ground and put away her sword. "You probably want to hear my story don't you?"

"A female luster just doesn't happen normally. Was that thing you just did your ability as well?"
    "No it was not my own. It was my brother's. I will tell you my story as we move." The two began to walk towards the destination that Plasma was heading.
    "As you know, lusters are born as twins. Once that happened the mother dies and the father luster must take care of the children until they are ready to kill for themselves. After that it is their choice to stay or not. My family was no different. By the age of ten, my brother and I were ready to separate from our father. He decided to stay however. He never questioned my birth. He saw me as his daughter and that I was a blessing by Alpha. However, other lusters saw me and mistook me for human as you did and those thugs back at the capital. They attacked us and killed my father. He died trying to protect me. My brother and I were all alone then while they still wanted our blood. My brother had the ability to increase his adrenaline at will. He killed them both but was injured to the point where he would die."
    "So you drank his blood to gain his power."
    "He wanted me to. He said that it would be the only way for him to live on. I did not argue with his decision."
    "If manipulating adrenaline was his ability, what's yours?"
    "I do not know what my unique ability is. All I know is that I can never cry. No matter the pain I hold inside, I have never been able to shed a tear."
    "I have empathy for you. I lost my family too. That story can wait however. When I can confirm that what I seek is a reality, then I will tell you. By that time you should be seen as trustworthy."
    "O-okay, Plasma. What is it you seek anyway?" She asked trying to sound more motivated now.
    "I have heard stories that the gods each left a jewel. A chosen person can use this to connect with that god’s power. They are what I seek. So, I decided to head to the Eonic Caves to find one."
    "But the only way to get there is to board a ship and go around the desert."
    "Yeah, well, I am not really one for going the easy way." He said with a sad expression. The two continued to walk through the desert for four more days and three more nights. Along the way they had to battle against the beasts that lived within the desert. The beasts that killed normal men and luster alike. It was simply a miracle that they made it through. However luck had its grasp on them, they had yet to discover why no one ever returned...

9. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Wow. Just wow. Plot twists galore and such character development. You have truly outdone yourself, Myst. Keep it at this level of writing if you can, or press even harder next time if you really want to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this chapter. It kept that attractive Anime-like appeal to it, while also being much more descriptive of surroundings; the way that you described the Sands of Marrow chilled my blood, literally.

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Lusters? Sound like supervamps to me. Otherwise, great story through and through.

11. Mysty Unknown

Chapter 3: The Eonic Caves

Amy and Plasma had been walking along the scorching desert hear. Both were sweating droplets of blood. The heat was unbearable and it was only the morning. The desert was nearly completed in their journey and the destination at site. Plasma grinned as he ran towards the caves where he was looking. The mountains were large and many caves were within each. Plasma jumped across the dunes of sand. and headed towards the small river that was there to cool down. Amy slowly walked over as well.
    Plasma jumped into the river and splashed his body off to cool himself off. A quickly moving object fell from the sky and hit Plasma creating a large dust cloud.
    "Plasma!" Amy called out with concern running towards he was hit. Plasma's body came flying out covered in a few cuts.
    "Damn, what was that?" He said breathing heavy. The dust began to settle as a hole was in the ground. A man with black marks surrounding his eyes and dark skin appeared. He wore rags for clothing and had dark black hair with deep brown eyes.
    "My name is Dedri. You have entered sacred grounds. I can not let you pass alive." He said with a dark raspy tone to his voice.
    "Amy, he's a luster. His power's are abnormal though. Be careful."
    "Yeah, I see that. Guess we know why people never come back." She readied her sword.
    Plasma nodded as he removed his coat. Both arm were pulsing blood into his arms ready to shoot bullets. He pointed over towards Dedri and shot at his heart. The bullet just bounces off however. Amy at the same time was charging from the side with her sword. She struck at his neck and the sword only went slightly into his skin.
    "Hmph. Your attacks won't work on me. You see, my powers are unique. I have the ability to harden all the liquids in my blood for a period of time. I become hard as diamonds when I activate it. If you believe yourself worthy of the Crystal of Beasts then you must pass my test."
    "The crystal. Yes, my suspicions were correct."
    He began to charge with his arms hardening to strike. He punched the ground in between the two creating a crater. Amy an Plasma jumped away just in time. They had to find the right moment to strike him. It would not be one easy task whatsoever. Dedri charged Amy alone this time. Plasma aimed another bullet right to hit head. He might not have his head guarded if he isn't paying attention. Plasma was about to take the shot. Dedri quickly grabbed Amy and placed her right in front of him.
    "Well, boy. Kill me. You know my weakness. Take the shot and get your precious prize you have walked so far and wide for."
    Plasma's hand was shaking. He had no clue on what to do. He really didn't care for the girl. She was surely going to be a problem in the future. Amy hanged their worried beyond belief. She didn't know if he would slay her or not to get his wish. The crystal was right there and if he shot he could take it. His hand kept shaking. With a quick bite to the lip, he lowered his hand. "I can't do it. I can't shoot her."
    Dedri smiled and put Amy down. "You pass my test." He walked over to Plasma. "Please come with me." The group walked into the cave near the side of the largest mountain in the area. The caves were damp and glowed with a mystic blue aura.
    “This place... is beautiful.” Amy said with ah.
    Dedri smiled and rubbed his hand against the wall. “The glow is from the beast known as Phantoms. They are small white creatures that float around. Sadly most of them have died. This glow is their remnants.”
    “I see. What happened to them?”
    “A virus spread among them and slowly killed each one. The disease was eradicated and they are slowly reproducing. The end of this cave leads to their sanctuary.”
    Plasma rolled his eyes and became impatient. “Can we get to the crystal already Dedri. I need them for something.”
    His expression became more serious. “Why do you seek the crystal;s young one?”
    “Tsk. Like it matters to you. I doubt you have been affected by my reason.” He looked away. Amy put her hand on his shoulder and showed some concern. Plasma just sighed. “I need them to help me kill the king of this land.”
    “Using the crystals for that purpose may not please the gods. They will see to your death if you use them for personal gain.”
    “Whatever. All that matters is his death.” He gripped his fist in anger.
    Another five minutes past and they came into a large room. Small white balls with little tails flew around. Their eyes were pure right and the sound they made was a slight high pitched howl. In the center of the room was a brown crystal on top of a pedestal. Plasma grinned as he walked over to grab it.
    Amy stood in shock as the cave sparkled with colors she had never seen before. The Phantoms themselves were cute as well. It appeared that three of them were fighting. Two larger ones chasing and ramming a smaller one. The small one crashed onto the ground and Amy rushed over to it. She picked it up. It was light and soft. “You poor little thing being picked on by those things.” She rubbed its head as it began to per.
    “These little guys never get to meet people from the outside. Its good that this one found such a kind hearted girl.”
    “She let it go to play with some others. “Yeah. I’ve been told that before. That might be the only reason Plasma lets me tag along.”
    “I don’t trust that boy. He may choose the wrong path. Watch him carefully.’
    After some time. The group came back out to the sandy desert. “Be careful getting the other three crystals. My brothers are not as accepting as me. They surely will guard the crystal with their life.”
    Plasma nodded and began to head off. Amy waved goodbye with a wide smile. A small Phantom came flying from the cave and jumped into Amy’s arms.
    “You want to come with us?” The little creature nodded. “All right. I’ll name you... Spirit. Hows that sound?” a light howl came from it seeming to enjoy the name.
    “Let’s go Amy. We are headed north... to the Arctic Shrine.” She ran after him as the two would once again journey through the desert to the next destination.

12. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Neat plot twist, both in Dedri and Plasma. I particularly liked the inclusion of the phantoms and the description behind them. My one complaint: the fight between Plasma and Dedri could have held a bit more substance. It is good as is however. Also note, one must be careful in battle segments, because if it is too long or too plain, it drags on. People who read often don't want, typically, very extended, mundane fights; make it interesting, and you can go on forever.

That said, excellent addition. I'm glad to see you have kept up the same quality of the previous chapter.

13. Mysty Unknown

-Chapter 4-
    -The Field of Dreams-
    The two made it back through the desert with minimal damage to themselves. The next destination was to find the Crystal of the Seas. The Arctic Shrine was also going to be a difficult place to go through. Getting there was no easy task either. The mountains that blocked it off were dangerously high and the field before it had been said to drive people insane. Nobody could ever seem to figure out why though. Crania had many mysteries new to its peoples that the gods left them to be either tortured with or show affection.

Plasma and Amy came across a sign before the field that was covered in a divine mist that read this:

WHOMEVER ENTERS HERE SHALL EXPERIENCE THE DREAMS OF THEIR PAST. ENTER WITH CAUTION.

"Seem dangerous. Should we really go in?" Asked Amy.
    Plasma instead of answering just walked right past the sign, not listening to a word she said.
    "Plasma! Listen to me. Maybe we should try to find a way around."
    He turned around and began to speak. "No. This is the fastest way there. We must cross it."
    "Why cant you be more careful. Why cant you just give some time to think up a strategy?"
    "Why do you freakin care. My life is my own. I don't need a girl to tell me what I should do." he yelled.
    Amy stood back in shock. Her heart was sore from the words. She couldn't have meant that little to him or have been that in the way.
    "You can find a way around. I am going in." He walked to the left and entered the mist. Spirit went with him as well thinking he could calm Plasma down.
    "W-well fine. I'll just find my own way there!" She entered to the right. As she entered, a quick gust of air came over her. The temperature went down significantly as she began to shiver to keep warm. They had recently bought new clothes to prepare for the climate change in the arctic area, but this was beyond those temperatures. The grass below her seemed beyond healthy though. It even had some puffs of soft snow. She grabbed some and went into shock. "It's really warm! What is this place?" She continued through. It felt like miles of warm slush and cold air.
    A dark figure appeared in the distance. A boy in fact. She thought it was Plasma so she closed her eyes and looked away."
    "Hey sis, why the long face. Don't you remember your own brother."

Her heart stopped as she turned with her eyes wide open to see a boy with brown hair and pinkish eyes. His arms were large and he held two swords on his back. This man perfectly resembled her brother. "Mith...ril? Is that you?"
    "Of course it is Black Widow. Who else would it be?" He used to call her black widow because she was a female luster. Black widow's were known for being much more deadly when they were female.

"It, cant be!" The boy smiled as she ran up to his arms.

elsewhere...

Plasma was a tad irritated that Spirit came with him instead of staying with Amy. "You are a little pest aren't you."
    The air had turned dry and the ground became muddy. "This place lives up to its name. That is for certain." He began to smell an aroma of burning ash.
    Two figures appeared in front of him. A man wearing expensive robes and another wearing battle armor. "Tsk. Its you... Mucan and Cynap.
    Mucan began to spoke. "It's been a long time... my son."
    "No. You are dead to me. You and that thing."
    "Now now brother. You can't say you don't miss me." He gave an evil grin.
    "Of course I miss you. I don't miss what you have become." He said angrily.
    "But as you can see. I am very much alive."
    "Yes, Plasma, he is not dead at all."
    "Shut up! Go away!"

Spirit began to glow in a green color. Small leaves and branches extended from his body.
    "W-what the heck is up with you, Spirit?
    As that happened, they all burst into flame and small ball became engulfed attacking the two in front of it and Plasma. They merged back into the mist. An illusion was all they were. After that, Spirit turned blue like water and tears began to run down its face.
    "Why are you reacti- Amy! You must react to her emotions. Damn it. She entered this place. I only wanted her to stay out." Spirit, take me to her if you can." The phantom nodded and began to hover over to her location.
    Plasma found Amy lying on the ground crying, but no tears came out.
    "Hey, you idiot. I tried to stop you from entering this place for this very reason." He said.
    She was shivering from the experience she had just gone. When hearing Plasma's voice she jumped up and held onto him. "I thought I saw my brother... but then he turned into the men that killed him. I got angry and the person poofed away."
    "That explains, Spirit's emotional outburst. This place takes your dreams and then plunges them into nightmares. I was here once before as a child and learned to overcome it. You need to be more careful."
    "I would have been if you just told me from the start."
    "I didn't want to see you get hur-"
    Amy slapped him in the face. "Her eyes showing signs of anger, sadness, and some sign of happiness. "You are an idiot, I swear."
    "Y-yeah, whatever. Lets just get out of this place."

The two walked through the mist as the temperature continued to change and the visions that appeared were that of past events that left no real impression on the other. Signs of friends, pets, and past experiences with lusters and humans alike.
    "Hey, what exactly did you see, Plasma?"
    "I saw my father and brother. But I managed to get through it."
    "You never told me about them either even after you promised to."
    He sighed. "Alright, alright. My father and brother were of the upper class. They were good people. Then my brother died of natural causes. Then the king Mucan, used his powers to revive him. However, he was just a soulless carcass. My father died that day as well. It is my goal to destroy Mucan and let my brother and the other's he controls rest in peace."
    "So you do have a noble cause after all. Here I thought you were just a luster seeking power."
    "Never. I just want to end the war between man and luster and punch Alpha right in the face for what he has done."
    The mist began to disperse and the mountain's could be seen. The dream world they had entered had vanished behind them. The mist was completely gone. A field of luscious flowers and small animals scurrying around it. The air was at peace and a simple breeze could be felt upon one's skin. The exact opposite of what was to come.
    "Lets climb this place."

14. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Pretty neat chapter. Though burdened by the past, Plasma still moves on! I await your next Chapter.