Began my Metal Gear Solid marathon today.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Hayabusa, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

GUYS HOW DO I NOT SCREW UP THIS DATE

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Here's what you need to do. You've got to look them in the eye and say, "Don't blow up my planet."

3. Trigger hewwo uwu

i've been replaying the MGS series over the last year and a half. just finished MGS4 again over this weekend. i don't care what anyone says, video games peaked at the end of 4 with the final fight between liquid ocelot.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Man, Peace Walker is weird.

I enjoyed the story alright, but the missions just weren't interesting to me, and the boss fights are enjoyable for like two minutes and end up as slogs because every boss is a bullet sponge since my weapons don't seem to do much damage.

I'm in Chapter 5 now, which seems to surmise of repeatedly tracking down the same person, and having to do more repetitive missions until I can do that again.

Can I just go on to Ground Zeroes now?

REX vs RAY is my dream-come-true.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Did you beat the final boss of
    Paz in ZEKE?

If so then go ahead. If not, look it up on YouTube.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

I already know about that because a walkthrough for Chapter 5 spoiled it, but I haven't gotten to it because, frankly, these missions are boring me. There's barely anyone online anymore, and I'm tired of calling in 5+ ammo drops for every boss fight.

I might just do the Monster Hunter stuff to see if it's any different.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Then go to Ground Zeroes. Go forth! Let the legend be reborn!

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Tried the Monster Hunter quests.

I'm done with this game if they won't balance anything for playing solo. Tigrex literally eats through my Rations just due to me being unable to move when it charges at me and covers my body.

9. The Fuk? Dead

I skipped Peace Walker and just watched the story bits on youtube so I wouldn't miss anything. I played 30 minutes of it and I could tell instantly that it was going to be filler.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Peace Walker was honestly pretty bad. The only saving grace was the story and even that isn't up to par with the rest of the series.

11. Yozora Archer

What is wrong with you people?

Why do the majority of people do this?

Watching the story on Youtube is not the same. You have cassette tapes to listen to and a **** ton of other ****.

Jesus

12. Hayabusa Venomous

I listened to the cassette tapes. Chico is da bes.

I also did the Ghost Camera mission thingy. Did not expect to be spooped that badly.

Overall, the fun missions are fun, like disarming mines and popping Fulton balloons and holding people up with a banana, but damn the combat is not enjoyable.

13. The Fuk? Dead

idgac

14. Yozora Archer

I thought the combat in PW was better, compared to MGS2.

>that multi-CQC takedowns on multiple enemies

But that was just me. I loved the feeling of headshot´ing enemies.

I am mad that people overlook PW simply because muh consoles

15. Hayabusa Venomous

The CQC was pretty good but the overall combat's only as good as the enemies they make you fight, and the unique ones in these game are pretty terrible. Like I said, bosses have way too much health. It changed me liking the concept of fighting A.I. robots into me loathing the idea of doing it ever again.

Peace Walker feels super experimental, and I can't say I enjoyed all of the changes it brought.

16. C This silence is mine

How are you able to go through these games so quickly? Are you a neet? If I started my marathon when you did, I'd still be on MGS1.

17. Patman Bof

Oh god yes, I didn' t mind having to grind since I' m used to playing RPGs, but these tanks were ridiculous. They' ve managed several times to survive the entirety of my ammo stock, drops included, even though I kept my weapons as upgraded as they possibly could at all times. Didn' t find the AIs or the dinos to be nearly as tough though (Peace Walker aside), granted they' re still a bit lengthy.

Judging from what you' ve said you' re nearly there. Besides the dating mission on the beach is pretty funny.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

I already knew what to do in MGS1-4 since they were replays for me, and I'm not doing all of the extra stuff. I had time before my classes started, and was unable to go on a trip out of state, so this marathon became the last thing I did before school.

The Monster Hunter things are even worse than the A.I. because they're so much faster, and they'll often stay right where you were knocked down, using melee attacks.

I already finished Ground Zeroes since it's only an hour long for the actual story mission. Now I'm just going through all of the Extra Ops.

19. The Fuk? Dead

20. Hayabusa Venomous

My Gamestop is holding the midnight release in about 2 hours. Friend and I plan to go wearing eyepatches.