Square-Enix Before you played your first Kingdom Hearts game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ReverofEnola, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

what Final Fantasy games did you play and did you notice the FF characters within the KH series?
    [​IMG]

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Absolutely none. KH was my introduction as I was mainly an action game player.

3. 61 No. B

None.
    When I first played KH years ago I knew that FF was a thing, but that was it. I also somehow knew that KH was related to FF in some way. I remember seeing Cloud in KH1 and thinking he was like the coolest looking character ever, and I thought that he was a KH original. I also remember being on the phone with a friend at the time who knew more about KH than I did, and he told me that those characters were actual FF characters, and not just KH characters based on FF characters. The phrase "mind****" does not even begin to describe how I reacted. At the time crossovers were something unheard of for me, so to see actual FF characters in KH was a concept beyond me at the time. I will say though that even with all that amazement I was a little disappointed. I'd be lying if I said my like for Cloud didn't plummet after seeing where he originally came from.

4. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

None. I hadn't even so much as heard of Final Fantasy when I first played Kingdom Hearts.
    I didn't even know that Selphie, Tidus, Wakka, etc. were all from other video games 'til much later.

5. Sara Tea Drinker

I actually played a lot of Final Fantasy before I played Kingdom Hearts. I started playing Kingdom Hearts a few months before the Kingdom Hearts II release. So I knew and recognized practically all the characters that were in it.

6. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I still have to play some FF.. the turn based thing never appealed to me, but I am playing "Dragon fantasy book" (that was on sale cross-buy of Ps3/vita) . And now I get it! But I think that I get some on my vita, not only because it feels like rpg are meant for handleds, but my vita can always enjoy new games! My Ps3 has a lot of his own now.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually knew all of them before I played the Kingdom Hearts games. I had already been playing VIII and X/X-2 long before I played Kingdom Hearts, and I knew about VII and its characters, so I was already all good knowing who the characters were when I saw them. I even remember somewhat being surprised how they portrayed Squall in the games when I first saw him, because I wanted them to use his name so much, and it somewhat annoyed me they only had them use "Squall" that one time.

8. Xenao Traverse Town Homebody

That's pretty much the same for me.
    although i knew Cid off FFX and was pretty confused as to why he had hair on KH haha

9. Mish smiley day!

For a lot of people, including myself, Kingdom Hearts was the 'gateway drug' that got them into Final Fantasy.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

When I was gifted KH, I had only ever played one Final Fantasy game (VI for GBA, and I never beat it). I didn't know that any of the non-Disney characters in KH were from another series until much later.

11. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I might be the only person on here who started with FFVII.
    When I was 5 my big brother bought a PS1 and got FFVII for it, he showed me how to play it and I was blown away by the amazing characters and story, it was a whole new world for me.
    I played the first Kingdom Hearts game when I was 8 not only because I loved the **** out of Disney, but because I heard that Cloud was in it, I was absolutely in love with Cloud as a kid, he was my hero. I flipped out when I saw him in the game and I could fight him, it was just awesome.
    Never did I know that I would grow to love the KH universe itself.

12. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

What other Final Fantasy games did you play before this one?

As for me I was completely lost :) When I first played the game I had no freakin idea what the heck Final Fantasy was nor did I know that this game was a crossover. The only reason I got the game was because of the commercial, it was near Christmas time, the Disney characters, and Sora's clothes looked pretty cool. However, I was only six when I first played the game and Final Fantasy was not a big thing in my family :rolleyes:.

13. Sara Tea Drinker

I played pretty much all of them that were out at the time. To varying points, the ones I really didn't like I obviously didn't get as far as the ones I did. So yeah, I knew all the Final Fantasy characters in KH.

14. A Zebra Chaser

Technically it was Final Fantasy II on the SNES, but I was too young to really get it, like most people I have Final Fantasy an earnest chance after trying Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy X and the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV were my simultaneous first true FF experiences

15. Antidote Façade

My first FF was VII when I first got a PS for Xmas but I was way too young for anything that wasn't cartoony/kiddy games (don't think my parents knew anything about it). I couldn't play it at all and my parents ended up returning it. Then years later I got X. I've played VII, VIII, IX, X & X-2 before KH came out.