Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

He headed for the hole. Despite what he had said he did not think he was much of a fighter. Really he did not want to do much of anything. Really there was not much he could do. The hole in the city wall had quite a few titans by it. That said he still had no clue what to do. He used the 3d maneuver gear to get to a perfect spot. That was when Hunter said, 'Hey, Faceless' "Name is Griffin," He said it without emotion or really any feeling. Lately he has not felt much of anything. This whole experience had been a void of any emotion other then feeling like Hunter and him would end up somehow killing each other. Now that he was here with Hunter he was unsure abut this. Really the only death he could see was the titans. Hunter then said that he was going to watch his back. He said nothing to this. Then Hunter said something odd 'I might be amazing in every way, but I don't have eyes on the back of my head' "I always thought everyone had eyes in the back of their head." People really did not have eyes in the back of their head, but it was more of a feeling that something was about to happen and somehow you could see it. Hunter then said 'Make sure none of those titans sneak up on me in the chaos' "OK" That what he would do. Hunter was an idiot that would probably somehow get himself killed. He slightly wondered how the man did not manage to already do it. As far as he could see it was not at all the smartest. Hunter probably got by shear luck. It could not be anything else. He had himself positioned to see the fight and wall from every angle. He had his staff at the ready, but did not see much point in doing anything. No matter what he did someone would be lost in more ways then one. He felt useless. He tried his best, but in the end he was not sure he could do anything to help anyone. When he thought about it what skills did he have that would be at all helpful. In the end he turned his attention back to the wall and the fight and hoped for the best.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "A-are you sure.... You looked worried." Adelina commented but in the end with Zack next to her there wasn't much fighting off the sleep. Alcohol made her tired and Zack was a great source of comfort for her. Given these two things, the fact that she was about to fall asleep was not so far fetched. The Fairy girl yawned as she snuggled up close to Zack. "We are safe up here, you should sleep too." She suggested before her eyes grew too heavy to possibly keep open any longer. She fell asleep letting her head rest in Zacks lap, whether he liked it or not.

[​IMG]
    Swinging around Flame kept an eye on Drake as she fought. He was making her nervous trying to fight without his gear, at any moment a wrong footing could equal his death and this time she might not be around to prevent it. In the end she had more than just Drake to worry about, there was all that was helping her here and now. One by one Flame took out titans in the area around her, thinning the numbers until they eventually dropped to zero. There were still plenty of titans in the city but they were quickly thinning, Flame just needed to trust that the group she sent to plug the hole in the wall would ultimately find a way to do so and fast.

With her area cleared out for the most part Flame knew she had to watch out for more than just
    Drake. Landing on the ground Flame transformed into her leopard form and began to run the city checking on the other people who were fighting. Approaching Tessa and Gale she transformed back into her more human like form. "Keep calm and keep focused, it is the only way to stay alive. You have time to deal with your emotions later." Flame instructed in a calm tone as she launched herself at a titan, taking it out swiftly. Her gaze went back to Drake for a moment but seeing he was still safe at that time she focused on helping Gale and Tessa, hoping that Drake would be smart enough to join them and not go off on his own.

3. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Galadorn was showing off his awesomeness, twirling and swirling around the beat elegantly, deftly avoiding its crude attacks. Kala was helping too, by distracting and paralysing it. he sliced into the creature's neck, killing it. As the creature fell Galadorn swooped down and caught Kala, hoisting her onto his back. Sweeping back around they tethered to another section of the wall. "We make this look easy" he grinned to the woman, but this was quickly replaced by a serious expression as he controlled himself. What was happening here? He was having fun? This was strange, he usually felt battle was an obligation, not a game, but fighting along this eccentric woman... it was as if her excitement was contagious. Brushing off these self-doubts and trying to return to rationality (this was a serious situation after all) he continued to slaughter titans alongside the girl, glad when their numbers finally thinned out. "We make a good team, Kala" Galadorn said, a hint of satisfaction creeping into his emotionless voice "I hope to have you beside me in every coming battle"

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera lifted an old photograph, brushing the dust off with a frown. Despite her exile, there were still a few pictures that remained on the mantle. She was surprised to see her own face, years younger, staring up at her with a smile, arms wrapped around both of her parents. Mom...dad.....she brushed their faces gently with her thumb before moving on into house, setting the picture back on the mantle. Everything was covered in dust and debris as she stepped carefully over fallen beams and broken pieces of wood. The stairs had been decimated, but she used the 3D maneuvering gear to pull herself up the stairs, wincing as her body protested. She had nearly forgotten the stress her body had gone through the last day and a half.

Simply take it easy. She told herself, unhooking the claws from the wall and proceeding into her room. The walls were bare, the paint color changed, but everything else had been left exactly where it was when she had gone. Her favorite stuffed animal, lying on the bed. The pillows fluffed exactly the way she liked. She sat down on the edge of the bed, the mattress creaking from lack of use, and felt tears sting at the back of her eyes. All this time, she had thought her parents had forgotten her, erased her. But it almost seemed like...the opposite. Like everything was waiting for her to return to it.

[​IMG]
    Zack let Adelina rest her head in his lap, shifting slightly as his leg fell asleep in order to give his nerves room to operate. "I'll rest soon." He murmured, gently stroking her hair to help her sleep as he stared up at the canopy. Soon. When he could take his mind off the horror that lay below. We are safe up here. Adelina is right. Still, despite that, he found himself wide awake, despite being intoxicated. How did I let this happen? Tessa always told me to be on guard. I should have listened. Then his thoughts wandered to his best friend. I hope you're still doing okay out there, Tessa.

[​IMG]
    Tessa squeaked and jumped off the titan's shoulder, dropping towards the ground at an incredible rate. All in an instant, she was back in the training grounds, trying to master the life saving gear they used to escape the titans. Zack was a natural, and figured it out within one or two sessions as though he had been born to fly through the air. Tessa took two weeks of nearly constant practice to become even a shadow of her friend.

Her thoughts ended when the line to her gear jerked her back, and she nearly choked on her tongue as she was yanked backwards. The titan who had grabbed her line held her in front of his face, maniac grin opening wide as he prepared to swallow her. Tessa curled her legs up to her stomach and stuck her blades into the hand, forcing the titan to drop her. Once more she headed straight for the ground, but this time managed to save herself by hooking the claws of her gear into the side of the wall and swinging away. She turned back once she was in ungrabbable distance, and swallowed, hard. At least all those drills they had done served to save her life, now.

Get back on the horse. She told herself, moving back towards the titan and swinging around to the back of its neck. Her heart was racing as she landed on its shoulder, feet slipping over the strange surface of the titan's skin as she ran towards the neck, preparing once more to hack away at the soft spot on its neck.

[​IMG]
    Kala had forgotten the joy of fighting next to someone, of living each moment with someone at her side, living the same moment. It was enthralling. I mean, technically I'm riding y-Her thought was cut off as a titan's hand swung up and down. She ducked, pressing her face into Galadorn's back as the wind whistled over her head, before turning, and bunching her legs underneath her. "I think you'll find it's hard to get rid of me." She told the centaur with a grin before launching herself into the air, claws embedding themselves momentarily as she swung up towards the titan's face. She managed to press her feet to the side of the titan's face, jabbing it in the cheek with her sword before dropping to it's shoulder. The large body swayed, and she put her hand out to steady herself, the skin of her palm touching the titan's neck.

Wrong. She instantly dropped to her knees, retching as her body rejected what had just tried to occur. Wrongwrongwrong. She let herself fall off the side, let gravity increase her momentum as her head spun, shooting off her 3D maneuvering gear just before she hit the ground. Two smaller titans, five meters only, were in front of her. She barely had time to register this before her blades sunk into the creatures' necks, nearly decapitating them. Only after she was done, did she make her way back to
    Galadorn, sheathing her swords and wrapping her arms around his waist. I definitely need a moment. Though she would never say this out loud. Never show your weakness. "I meant to do that." She told the centaur, though it felt weak even to her ears.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale wasn't wasting anytime in taking down the titans. He'd started off with a small group of them, four to be exact and had managed to take out two of them before Flame came by and assisted him with the other two. For a brief moment he was in the clear of titans, but the thunderous footsteps soon proved otherwise. Another group of titans had appeared, this time their numbers were seven. A number that would be difficult for Gale to deal with on his own. That wasn't going to stop him from trying. He exchanged his worn blades for a new set and dashed off towards the group of titans. What Gale had thought was that the titan in front him were his only threat, but this tunnel vision had caused him to miss the titan to his left that grabbed onto his his chord.

Being caught off guard by the sudden tug, Gale was tossed against a nearby wall. A sharp pain ran throughout his back as his now blurred vision eventually went back into focus. His brain didn't register the hand reaching out to him until it was a few feet away from him. At this point there was little chance that he could get away on his own. Dammit, once again his own tunnel vision had costed him. First the life of his friend and now his own life. In this moment of acceptance, Gale once waited for his fate when he heard a pain cry sound from the titan.

[​IMG]
    Now unfortunately for Chrono he wasn't able to kill any titans right off the bat for Flame had killed just about every titan he'd seen before he could even do something. This went on until Chrono eventually separated from Flame in hopes of finding someone else to help and as luck would have it, he did. Surprisingly enough he saw Gale in quite the situation, which made sense when he saw the eight titans around him. Tightening the grip on his weapons, he headed towards that titans that was reaching towards Gale and swiftly slashed at it's nape.

While the titan collapsed onto the ground, dead, Chrono went to give Gale a hand up. "Think we can handle the rest of them?" Chrono questioned. Sure he was a part of the scouting legion, but fighting this many titans was something out of his expertise.

"We won't know unless we try." That was the simple response that Gale had given Chrono. They were certainly going to try, that much was for certain.

6. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    "Are you okay?" The centaur asked with concern "We can take a break if you want, we have plenty of allies killing off the other titans" He certainly didn't want his newfound ally dying in their first battle. But while he was distracted he didn't notice another titan lumbering towards them, swinging one massive arm at them with all the intent of crushing them. By the time he noticed he couldn't get them away in time, there was only one solution. Raising an arm Galadorn summoned a shield of energy, the titan's fist hit it with a CLANG and it was deflected off. That took a lot of energy from the centaur and he slumped slightly after he'd deflected the attack. he didn't have the energy to fight right now so galloped away to a safer place "I think... I think we should rest a moment"

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It seemed like people were being thrown around left and right. No one was dying, that was good, but they weren't completely staying out of trouble. Flame wanted to help everyone but that was just not possible, she was only one person. "Come on Hunter, Akari, Griffin, hurry and plug the hole before any more get in here." Flame grumbled to herself before she took off flying towards where Tessa was.

Flame's eyes drifted over to
    Gale and Chrono, they seemed to be doing fine on their own and working together, that was good. The key was not to fight alone, though Drake had already thrown that out the window. Flame let Tessa finish off the titan she was fighting on her own, in the meantime Flame made quick work of another herself. "Don't let yourself get separated. Always work together. The moment you let yourself get separated from Gale, both of you nearly died." Flame cautioned as she approached Tessa. "You don't have to fight with me, but stick near someone who can watch your back." Flame continued to caution before heading off towards another titan. "Coming? Or are you going to help Chrono and Gale?" She offered the girl a choice.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Tessa nearly cried with relief when Flame showed up. "I'm sorry, Your Hi-...Your Majesty," she said between trying to catch her breath, bowing her head and lowering her blades. "I don't know what happened, but Gale wasn't by my side anymore and this titan wouldn't..." She shuddered, then shook herself, bringing her mindset back to the present. "I would be honored to fight with you, but I promised Gale..." She bit her lip. "I would be honored to fight with you." She reiterated, making her choice as she readied herself to follow Flame. If Gale was doing okay without her, then that was best. She didn't want to endanger him with her in-capabilities, and Flame would know better then to risk herself for a lowly scout like Tessa. At least...Tessa told herself that was the case.

In truth, she was being selfish. She didn't want
    Gale to get hurt because of her, and if he was working better with Chrono, then she wouldn't interrupt their partnership. If what Flame said was true, then she had almost caused his death by allowing them to get separated. She couldn't let that happen again.

[​IMG]

Kala looked up at the giant arm incoming towards them and gritted her teeth, her mind racing with the possibilities of what she could do. She ducked her head and muffled her scream in Galadorn's back as he raised his arm. Then...we aren't dead? Kala raised her head and gaped with open amazement at the shield the centaur had constructed. "By all the gods." she whispered, her heart racing as he galloped away to a safer distance to rest. "How did you do that?" She asked in a louder tone of voice, sliding off his back and onto the ground so she wouldn't burden him with her weight as she dropped to her knees, waiting for her stomach to settle.

"I've seen the fey magic, and I've seen....other magic," She didn't elaborate, focusing her gaze on the ground hard as she spoke, "But I've never seen that. How did you do that?" Could she learn? Then maybe she could finally get away and escape everything, all the plots and plans and schemes. Everything. The king's face flashed in front of her eyes and she flinched, her hands digging into her knees. I'll never be able to get away now. She reminded herself with a heavier heart. Never.

"That was beautiful." Kala whispered. Why are you so perfect? Why can't I be like you? Why can't I just get away? She stood, turning her eyes to the titans. There was one way she could escape forever. One way. "What else can you do?"

[​IMG]
    Veera had scoured the entire house, and her parents bodies hadn't been found. She couldn't help but feel a small measure of relief, knowing they had gotten away from whatever had smashed the house. Especially after seeing her room. Had they not wanted her to go away? She wished she could ask them. She wished she could get answers for why she had been sent from the city, why she had been left to die with so many others when her friends and cousins had been left in safety. Why me? Leaning against the wall for a moment, she pressed her palms to her eyes in order to stem the emotion trying to flow from them. Now was not the time for tears, though her body protested it was. Granted, she had been on a mission that had gone wrong, captured and tortured, left to nearly imminent death, and then left by her comrades while they went o fight. Her king was dead, and she didn't know why or how. She was alone in the city she had once called home, and she had just discovered a small measure of painful truth to her past.

Tears are for later. She promised herself, taking a deep breath. She turned back to her parents room, where there lay a single photograph untouched on the dresser. She, in the middle of her two parents, all smiling. Her last birthday with them. She punched the frame, breaking the glass and pulling the picture from it, folding and tucking it into her shirt before attaching her maneuvering gear to the roof and pulling herself through the hole.
    Flame had forbidden her from accompanying them, but she hadn't forbidden Veera from following them and...watching. Yes, she was going to watch. And maybe intervene if they needed it.

Veera turned her face to the sky and jumped into the air, letting herself hurtle towards the ground until the last second, when the hooks shot out to grasp the nearby walls, and pull her back up. Besides,
    Gale was one of her only teammates left, besides Drake, her leader. It was her duty to them to make sure they were alright. And so she headed towards the distant figures fighting, looking for her comrades.

9. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Hunter fell from the top of the wall that he'd swung up to, and as the ground came hurtling towards him he smirked a little bit and then he felt the collision. It wasn't the ground he collided with, but rather the mass of titan corpses. Between himself, Akari and Griffin, they had made a pile big enough that the titans were only able to really come through single file, and even then it took them a while. As one of the titans finally got through, Hunter leaped into action and was about to swing his blade at it, but went out of his way to avoid the titan's nape altogether. He landed just behind it, on the pile of corpses as he looked up slightly at the titan before him. It wasn't badass enough to just jump up and cut it down like that. Where was the fun in slaughtering titans if you couldn't look like a badass doing it?

Looking up a little further, he found the answer immediately. He aimed his 3DMG launcher directly up and fired, the hook slamming in and latching itself straight into the top of the hole. Jumping up to avoid the swipe of a titan, he whistled. He'd never seen it up close before, never noticed it outright had enough power to go right through a solid wall like that, Akari was really talented. There was no way he was ever going to tell her that though, why inflate her ego when he could inflate his own? He pushed a button that I can't explain where it is because reasons, and immediately he flew upwards and slashed up the titan's back vertically, making a very deep cut as well as severing the nape during his ascension, slaying the titan but being very much a sitting duck when he was done, simply hanging in the air as he was.

But god damn it was worth it.

Hunter knew he was in trouble though. The titans would only need to begin climbing the pile and they could get to him. He needed help, but he would rather be eaten by a titan than actually ask someone else for help. Of that he was certain.

[​IMG]
    Well, Hunter was a bloody idiot. He'd put his own personal glory over his own safety, just like he always did. It was just like that time he'd gotten into a fight and pulled out a grenade in the middle of it. Nobody had known where he'd gotten it from, but instead of fighting properly he had wanted to 'end it with a bang', as he'd put it. He was just lucky Akari as a crack shot with a crossbow and forced him to drop it before any major damage had happened. Anyway, back to Hunter being in this stupid situation.

"Hunter, what are you doing? Do you need me to help?" she called out, but as expected she got no answer. To ask for help would be him admitting he couldn't get himself out of a situation on his own, and that was very much not who he was. And so, as usual she would have to pick up his slack. She remembered catching Hunter before, the way it had worked and worked damn well at that, and knew right away she was going to have to do it again. Leaning over the edge of the wall, she aimed the 3DMG straight at the pigheaded male's back and fired. It missed his head, but she'd anticipated that, missed his shoulders too, but he swung ever so slightly in one direction and the hook went right through his foot, getting a solid grip on him. The yell of pain was enough that Akari nearly burst out laughing, but she held strong and pulled him up.

There he'd been, happily hanging there and very accepting of his death, when suddenly he'd felt a damn hook go through his foot. It was Akari, of course it was her. The girl shied away from combat, but if it was a chance to cause some sort of injury to him she always took it. Always. What had he ever done to deserve that? He didn't say thanks when he was pulled up, but instead snatched her 3DMG out of her hands. The hole was plugged, so no titans would get through there for a while, and so he reasoned what he was about to do was completely reasonable. "You shot me with that for the last time" he growled, turning and hurling the 3DMG off the wall and towards a certain swordsman running along the ground.

[​IMG]
    With the titans being just about completely finished in their area, Flame had taken off with her 3DMG and Drake had followed. Running on foot compared to soaring through the air felt so slow though, and though he kept running he found himself wishing he had one of the launchers, but they didn't exactly just fall out of the sky.

Although apparently on that day one did. At first Drake wasn't sure what it was, but he'd quickly realised his prayers had been answered. He put himself into a position where he could catch it, and did just that. The impact hurt his arms tremendously, but time was of the essence. He took a quick glance around to make sure there were no titans, and saw Veera up and moving. Well, on one hand he wanted her to go and rest, on the other they needed every last fighter they could get, and so he used the miraculous 3DMG and swung over to her. Landing on the ground nearby the female, he wasted no time. "Good to see you on your feet. The titans are thinning in numbers, we need to group up with the others and finish this. Grab on and- hold on just one moment" Drake said, just as he caught sight of yet another 3DMG launcher hurtling towards him. He caught that one as expertly as he had the first, and handed it to Veera. "Here, use this and lets put a stop to these titans. Follow me" the scout regiment leader ordered, before swinging off in the direction he'd seen Flame land in just as he heard a slap so powerful it echoed through the area.

10. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

The king had died and she did nothing, she did not save him did not even try. If the king died then what was to stop someone else to do the same. She hoped that no one would die in this upcoming battle. If someone else died she was to blame. She did not think she could handle another death. When everyone took off she did the same. She had to make sure no one died. She been following the battle for some time keeping a close eye one everyone. She saw that Flame was talented with the 3DMG launcher gear. She guessed that it sort of ran in the family. Galadorn the centaur was also really good at fighting, but they were kind of built of fighting more or less. Galadorn was a large centaur so maybe that was why he showed no fear or maybe he was just that good, who was to say? The titans numbers finally were starting to thin out. This was nothing but a good thing. "How is everyone doing?" she called from a tree. She moved from the tree to a different one. Everyone seemed to be relatively fine but that might be due to Garrett not paying attention. No one was dead yet, well aside from the titans and she was not about to heal them, that was something Hunter would do.

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

As Hunter and Akari fought he called out to them the locations of the in coming titans, because the hole in the wall was rather large and what not. Soon the titans were only able to really come through single file, which was nothing but a good thing. That was when Akari shot a hook and he watched it go through Hunters food. He probably deserved that somehow. Maybe it was payback for something. He saw that the hole the titans were coming though was now blocked. He shot the 3d maneuver gear up to Akari landing by her. "We should go join the others."

11. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Galadorn smiled at the woman "Honestly, I have no idea how I do that. It's just something I've had as long as I remember. I have an extended lifespan, but a shortened memory, I cannot remember my childhood, or any way of I could have come across this magic. Maybe I can do other things, and I've simply forgotten" He detected a hint of sadness about her, her eyes, her voice, her body language, all of it revealed hidden underlying emotions that she did not wish to show. "Hey, are you okay? You seem... sad... and angry" Galadorn, whose very nature involved protecting humans and magical beings, could not refrain from trying to find out what Kala was so upset about "Do not be sad, little mare, I can, and I will, protect you from anything"

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera blinked, looking from the device to Drake, and back to the device again. Once he swung off, she simply shrugged and dropped it before following her scout leader. Clearly I'm not the only one who's had a rough day. She kept that thought to herself though, weaving with expert grace through the buildings as she followed Drake. It was time to find Flame and Gale, and the other scouts who had come with, and it was time to end this.

[​IMG]
    Kala stiffened at Galadorn's words, her mouth tightening. She wouldn't have thought that so soon after her actions, would she come to regret them. Then again, she hadn't really thought she would have been able to complete the task given to her at all. But she had, and fate had been swift in its retribution, giving her something to force her suffering. If he knew, if any of them knew, they would kill me. And not just about what she had done, but what she was. A monster.

She bowed her head, and then turned around abruptly and wrapped her arms around
    Galadorn's midriff, her face pressed against the odd mixture of horse hair and human skin. She didn't mind though, as the fur helped to mask the few silent tears that she let fall. They can't find out. He can't find out. Not ever. And if that means I go to an early grave, then at least I have paid for my sins.

"If only you could." She replied to
    Galadorn, keeping her face hidden. If only you could save me from myself.

13. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Galadorn was surprised as she hugged him, he had never (or at least, he didn't remember) being this close to someone else before. Galadorn hesitated, then returned the embrace, gently stroking her head. It seemed she didn't need to be protected from anybody but herself "I will find a way" Galadorn stated with determination "I will try as hard as I can to keep you safe and happy. I don't care how hard it may be, a long time ago I pledged to protect all those I cared about" he stared directly into her eyes with compassion "And... I definitely care about you. So give me a way, give me an opening. Just tell me what I can do"

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Okay sum of everything that will happen for the remainder of the time since it is all getting repetitive and will take a while to complete it so no worth posting for all it.

The amount of titan's in the city were quickly thinning. With a temporary barricade made to keep out the titans they were able to empty the city of the remaining Titans. Soon Flame managed to convince the humans to help rebuild a wall under the expert instruction of Akari who is using pieces of already torn down buildings as supplies to create the new wall, this one taller and stronger than the gate that was there before. Everyone who had helped fight now is helping with the wall.

At the end of a long day they were able to create a wall to block out the Titans and fulfill their part of the deal. Returning the the inner city they collected the kings body and regrouped before leave back to Kaynta, the people of the walled city clearly not happy to let them walk away alive, despite allowing them to leave. Soon they made their way back to the city. There is a ceremony planned for the next day, but until then everyone has dispersed to do their own thing around town.

[​IMG]
    Flame did not return to the city, instead found her way to a quieter part of the woods outside the city near a river. Alone she dug up a plot of land near the river and laid the broken body of her father in it, covering it back up. From there Flame continued to Stack rocks in a monument to her father. This stack of rocks sat next to another one similar however a lot less well stacked. Bowing her head tears dripped from her eyes for the first time since she found out about her fathers death.

"Why did you leave me? I am not ready for this. I am not you. I can not lead these people. I am not meant to be queen. You, mom, you were both great rulers, but that is not me. Why did you have to leave me? Why did you go? Please nothing makes sense anymore." Flame cried as she knelt on the ground in front of the two graves. Here lay her father and the memories of her mother. Now on top of all of this her name she had taken on lay here with this. She would have to shred it to be a proper queen. The name she used to escape her fate was not one to use to face her fate.

She knew that she had to go soon, return to the town and prepare to face the people, however that would require her to move, something she didn't want to do. She couldn't seem to find the strength to stand at this moment. Her eyes were stained with tears. Her body was fatigued by her outing. Her spirit nearly broken. They escaped the humans but she was sure they would come again. She didn't know when but she was afraid, and if they did they didn't have a strong leader to defend them, they had her.
    "Please don't make me do this." She cried quietly staring at the river. Soon enough she would go back, but not yet.

[​IMG]
    Adelina awoke, her head pounding after the amount of alcohol she had drunk the night before. She still had no clue of the threat that was below but she realized that she needed to get back. "Zack, wake up, it is morning. The group should hopefully return soon and I need to start on preparations for today's food." Adelina said as she rubbed her eyes and tried not to focus on the headache that remained. She honestly felt like crap but she wouldn't let it show that much. She didn't want to seem too out of it and have Zack or anyone else worry about her. "Can you take me back, please?" Adelina asked. She didn't want to leave Zack's side for work but she had to, she had responsibilities.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera disappeared as soon as they made it back to town. She made it to her room without attracting any attention or saying a word to anyone. Once she was within those familiar four walls once more, she collapsed onto the bed, resting one arm over her eyes. The crinkle of paper alerted her to the picture that she had carried back being crushed, and she shifted slightly in order to remove it. Holding it up over her face, she stared at it until her vision went blurry before setting it on her night stand, and replacing her arm back over her eyes. No one left behind, and no one to come back to.

Well, at least she had brought one thing back.

[​IMG]
    Tessa didn't speak until they returned to the city, and only then did she go looking for Zack. For comfort, to let him know she was okay, she wasn't really sure. Maybe just to have something stable. But no one seemed to have seen him for some time, at least a night. Oh right, his date. She smiled to herself, happy that it went well, and went back to her own room. He would know where to find her when he was ready. Instead of entering, she stayed outside the door, staring at it as she debated the events that had just come about. Flame was to be queen, the king was dead, she had fought her first titans, Zack had a girlfriend....It's too much. She let her head rest against the door, and shut her eyes. Suddenly she felt so tired.

[​IMG]
    Zack instinctively pulled Adelina tighter as he woke, rubbing his face with one hand. His head didn't hurt nearly as much as he had expected, but he wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. "Right." He muttered, getting to his feet and carefully peering over the edge. His brow furrowed. Had I dreamed last night? He hoped not. Looking at Adelina, he felt a swell of feelings. No, not all of it could have been real. "Right, let's go." He wrapped an arm around her waist, taking one last look at the empty ground below before swinging back towards town.

[​IMG]
    Kala's heart had swelled as Flame had disappeared. She had a feeling she knew where the girl had gone, but her conscious stabbed at her for even thinking of going to comfort the girl. What right do I have? She swallowed hard, blinking back the tears that came with the guilt, before turning to Galadorn as everyone else dispersed to their own business in town. "Um....do you have a place to stay?" she asked, awkwardly shifting from one foot to another. "Because, if you don't, you could stay with me. Just because, I thought you might like to attend the ceremony for the king tomorrow, and because I don't think you should sleep outside by yourself, especially because we don't know who killed the king and they might still be out there..." she was rambling, and she knew it. But behind the guilt was fear, fear that they would find out, and they would come looking for her. For Flame. And possibly for any other person they didn't want around.

"So...you can stay with me if you want." She reiterated, looking at the ground. Because as afraid as I am of what they'll do to me, I can't even imagine what they might do with you.

16. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Galadorn considered what Kala was asking him. Normally he just slept in the woods, his wild half meant he was never uncomfortable among the trees. And he was sure he could defend himself. Just as he was about to reply, stating that he was fine, it hit him. She wasn't asking this just for practicality's sake, that much was obvious. Why did she want him to stay with her? He wasn't about to complain about it, he just wondered. "...yes" Galadorn replied. He hadn't interacted with other people in a long time until yesterday, social protocol was confusing. "It would be a nice change from the woods, and I would like to stick with you for a while longer" Galadorn held his hand out as a bird approached and the small creature landed on his finger. Gently he stroked it, before sending it on its way "Yes. Very well, take me to your house"

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Wandering around a bit of a distance away from Kaynta, Hunter was a little bothered. The walled city had been saved by his awesomeness, had nothing to do with Akari at all. Nope, it'd been all him. I mean, anyone had been able to look at the girl after she'd been saved by Griffin and seen she was a little rattled, she'd gotten over it after a little bit but during that time who had been the one spearheading the efforts to rebuild the city? Hunter had, naturally. The people needed someone to look up to, someone just oozing 'amazing' all over the place.

And yet despite that, he hadn't been given any recognition at all. Bloody humans and their lack of being gratuitous. He was human, and he was thankful all the time. Every day he thanked the heavens for his gorgeous looks, his exceptionally excellent personality, his blessed skills in combat and above all his ability to make others feel inferior merely by existing in their presence. He must've been the only one. Why did it bother him so much? It shouldn't have, and he knew that...but it did. He needed something to happen by his doing that was so amazing nobody could deny it any longer. As far as he knew, everyone was at Kaynta but he knew of a local farmer that was nearby. Sure, he was only one person, but every cult following started with a single corrupted soul.

The male strolled over to the farmhouse. Cupping his hands to make his voice even more obnoxiously loud, he opened his mouth and yelled out at the top of his lungs. "HEY, FARMER FUZZY PICKLE, COME OUT HERE AND BE AMAZED OR I'LL BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN" he boomed ever so courteously. He waited until he could hear the farmer coming down, and then he turned and kicked the bucket as hard as he possibly could, intending to kick it to space (as close as I could come sorry Sam). The bucket did not in fact launch into space, but what did happen was equally as awesome. The bucket flew forward and hit the ground with a thud before beginning to roll forward. One moment Hunter was swearing because of his now stubbed toe, the next he was propelled backwards by the force of an incredibly powerful explosion. The bucket had rolled onto a landmine.

The impact on the farmhouse was tremendous, made only more entertaining by the fact that the farmer had come out just in time to see Hunter go right past him. The male crashed through three windows and a prize winning chicken, reducing it to a heap of bloody feathers because damn I hate birds so screw you chook, coincidence just kicked your ass something bad. Slowly Hunter got up and looked at Farmer Fuzzy Pickle, whose face was a dark red colour. The guy was fuming, and one look into his angry eyes made Hunter realise he was going to have to pay for every little thing he'd damaged, but the man was broke and had no money. Which meant only one thing; Stefano was going to do the one thing he hated more than anything else...he was going to have to spend the next couple of years at least just working, helping someone else, and god forbid he would actually have to be nice to someone. And all because Farmer Fuzzy Pickle had a fascination for land mines outside of his farmhouse, it seemed.

[​IMG]
    Drake hadn't gone back to Kaynta right away with the others like he should have. The moment he'd seen the king's dead body his mental state had taken a serious hit. He'd not said a word, but had helped everything move along up until they had been about to leave the walled city. After that he had apologized to everyone, told them he had something important he had to do, and he'd left.

Truth be told, he didn't have to actually do anything, he just needed a little time to process everything. The titan ambush, the capture, the fight, and then finally the king's death, it all hit him hard. He felt each and every death of a comrade or friend harder than most, so for 4 to happen in such a short span was nothing short of overwhelming, but he wasn't about to show the others.

He'd found a clearing just a short distance away from the group as they'd left. He'd only taken about half an hour to sit down and sort his mind out, but that half an hour had made an immense difference. The king hadn't been just the king to him, but he'd been a good friend. More than that, the loss of the king felt like Drake had lost his father for the second time. To say it hurt was an understatement. Nearly killed him emotionally was getting close. He'd just tried to focus on the positives, on all the things he had to be thankful for. That was all it took, especially when he thought of Flame. She meant more to him than she likely realized, he should be there for her. The death was hitting him pretty hard, he could only imagine how she'd be taking it. The moment he had that thought he set out for Kaynta. If she wanted her space, he'd respect that, but at least he was going to try.

He stopped when he arrived, not quite sure what to say. Amber was kneeling in front of the grave, presumably saying her goodbyes. He Drake knew better than to interrupt her, especially now, so he exercised caution while approaching her. He simply stood there for a moment in silence. Not an awkward kind of silence, but a respectful one. He knelt down himself next to her. "Amber.." he started, still not entirely certain of what should be said.

At last, the words came to him. "Do you remember the day I met you? I'd never seen a more intimidating fighter. I bet if titans could feel fear, they would've been trembling before your father. The king was as powerful a fighter as he was a wise leader, and then some. A leader needs to know the right move to make and when, it's not something most people can do" the scout leader said, his voice gentle and calm. He allowed a moment for his words to reach her before continuing.

"There's nothing wrong with feeling a little overwhelmed. Anyone would in your situation, especially after everything that's happened. But that's exactly why you'll make a great leader. He could see it in you, everyone else could, and I saw it right there in that city. You saved me and Veera against ridiculous odds, you fought back the titan attack but most importantly you gave people hope. You made people want to keep fighting, gave them something to believe in. He'd be proud" Drake reassured, before turning and looking at Flame.

"You can do this" he said simply, grabbing her hand and squeezing it lightly. He owed it not just to the king but also to himself to be there for her, and there was nothing that would stop him from doing just that. He made a silent promise there and then that he wouldn't allow her to go through that or any other ordeal alone. He'd face as many obstacles as he had to if it meant bringing even the slightest smile to her face.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

~a few hours ago before everyone went back to the town of Kaynta. He went back with Akari to where the titans were. There numbers were getting low it would all be over soon. He looked at hunter. He stood by Akari while all the fighting was happening. Then it happened. It was a flash and he did it without thinking. Later others might say that there was no warning at all. The titan just came out of no where. "Move Akari" Without thinking he pushed her out of the way of the titan. He might have saved her life he did not know. He was not thinking. The end result of this ended up putting him in danger. He fell with a thud and rolled over. Something maybe broken but he did not feel any pain. He held his staff in one hand pulling out the hidden blade within. He ended up launching himself at the titan with such a speed he did not know he had. He pushed the dagger into the lag of the titan. This might not have been the best idea at the time, but he was not thinking. He noticed that the ground was filled with holes from the weight of the titans. The titan kicked out and ended up twisting the 3d maneuver gear. Then end result launching him at the neck of the titan. With one swing his hidden blade attacked the titan. The 3d maneuver gear cable snapped and he landed at the base of a tree. Then the look of fear washed over him as the titan fell towards the tree. He could not move. It was now over...

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

~a few hours ago before everyone went back to the town of Kaynta. She was not near Griffin, when it happened, but she saw it all the same. First was Griffin pushing Akari then there was the fighting. Then something unexpected happened. The titan that Griffin killed fell towards him. There was nothing she could do. She watched at the titan landed on the tree Griffin was by. Once the fighting was over she stayed back to see if she could somehow find him, but there was so much damage he could not be found. Did he die saving someone? She was not sure how he could have lived. She walked to town after everyone had gone back. She spotted Akari. She walked up to her. "I could not find him. Take this." She handed Akari a torn yellow hat that was Griffin's if she had to guess. Inside was some unknown mixture of hair. "I am going to profect my healing so this do not happen again." She did not think anyone blamed her for what had happened, but she did. She smiled at Akari before walking off. She had to get better for them for her and so on one else would die. There was to many.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Kala smiled, albeit a little nervously, her eyes following the bird with the ease of practice before it fluttered away. She knew she had just made her life harder, in so many ways. Kill Target A. Kill Target B. Disappear. But she hadn't. And now she was inviting someone who had been a stranger only a day ago to share her home with her. One of the last people whom she wanted to know of her secret.

Secrets don't stay buried forever. She fought down the urge to shiver. I will keep this from Flame and Galadorn. I won't let them define me. I can do this. Squaring her shoulders, she offered another smile, this one a little more true to Galadorn. "It's this way."

She led him towards one of the houses that was a little farther away from the others. She had asked for it upon arrival, trying to get as much privacy as she could for her meals. She opened the door, and a sudden feeling of relief, the feeling of coming home, swept over her as she stepped inside. She hadn't felt that way in years.

"So, this is it." she said, somewhat nervous again. What if
    he didn't like it? What if he went back on his word? Well, then I'm going to follow him. And....somehow guard both him and Flame. Yes, she could do it. She had to do it.

20. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Galadorn smiled back at Kala and followed her to the little house away from the rest. It had been a long time since Galadorn had been in the city, he wasn't particularly comfortable amongst civilisation, so he was glad Kala's house was a bit more distant. Ducking his head as he entered Galadorn looked around, he felt as though an opinion was expected of him "It looks very nice. Cosy" he stated. He wasn't really sure what to say, he didn't have much experience of houses, as far as he could tell, there was nothing that made this one different to the others. "So. Where should I sleep?" he asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.