No Thanks Adding Steam Account Name to Profile IM List

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Llave, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llave Superless Moderator

I was thinking if that would be plausible. I mean I know a few people that have Steam and if it's possible to add another category for the Steam Account Name that would make things a little easier in terms of switching names.

Thoughts?

2. Misty gimme kiss

I don't find it necessary, as no Kingdom Hearts games are on Steam. Furthermore, if we added Steam, we might as well add PSN IDs, Gamertags, etc. I think the Community Playdate thread should be adequate for that, and you can always put it in your signature.

3. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Even though I agree with Llave that it would be a good idea, Misty is right.

I will organize it well today. It'll take a couple of hours, but I'll see what I can do.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

I know Steam possesses IM on the program itself. As a result, it would fit under the category of Instant Messaging.

Part of the reason why I thought just Steam rather than PSN, XBox Live, et cetera, is because KHV is a website, mainly accessed by computers. Steam is available for computer gaming, and therefore would not be completely non sequitur compared to actual gaming consoles.

I was discussing the idea with a fellow KHV member and he brought up the reasoning that not many people may have Steam. Even if that's the case, it wouldn't affect too many people that don't have it. I.e. if I didn't have Skype, I would merely leave the slot blank and I would remain unaffected.

I'm not arguing with you, just giving more light on the subject. I do partially agree with you however.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm pretty neutral on it. I could see where some people would want it, but I also see how it is hard to draw a line in the sand of what to include and what not to.

The only alternative I could think of is giving users some "Other places to find me" type space on their profile that would just be a space to list off whatever usernames they have elsewhere.

6. The Fuk? Dead

Would it be possible to have a spot on a user's profile for this? Not like a little icon when you post, but a section in the "About Me" section.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Profile fields can be created without them showing on your posts, if that's what you're asking.

8. Llave Superless Moderator

That sounds reasonable. That way it's not all in other's faces and you can check it out if need be.

9. What? 『 music is freedom 』

This I believe would be the most preferable idea. Steam is not too major to be shown in the instant messaging access section (since it is primarily a system focused more so on the gaming factor) so a display in the profile would be relatively more effective.

10. Misty gimme kiss

But the overall question here is, if we're adding Steam, should we add PSN IDs, Gamertags, etc. as well?

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

To be honest, I know where Llave is coming from and at first seems decent enough of an idea, but it's not very in partnership with KHV or the KH series. Steam just doesn't do that type of thing, it might improve the wider community aspect but it's not something that can't be organised by the members themselves or as suggested, in the Community Playdate thread which hosts a number of Steam IDs on it anyway. If you're looking for specific members, then ask them. Simple enough.

Technically PSN accounts should be shown, since you are able to use them for BBS multiplayer on PS3 connectivity AdHoc party thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.