8 Things You Need to Know About Kingdom Hearts III

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Plums, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Playstation Access recently posted a video regarding their interview with Tetsuya Nomura. In particular, they have eight points of interest for fans regarding the development of KH3, with some being quite insightful as to the relationship between Square and Disney, as well as hints of what to expect in KH3! You can watch their video below:

1. How does Nomura select Disney worlds to use for Kingdom Hearts III?
    The staff working on Kingdom Hearts titles find Disney properties that they think could have an interesting or cool gimmick to them. They present this to Nomura, who then selects the world(s). They do listen to fans to figure out directions of what worlds to have, but Disney does not put ideas forward for the worlds. However, Disney allows the Kingdom Hearts team to view screenings of new films before they are released or even announced. This lets the team pick out specific films they might be interested in adapting, and they can then begin discussing the inclusion with Disney liaisons.

2. Will there be any certain specific Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III?
    Nomura declined to give any specific details on characters, yet states "[he] wants them in." Lightning Returns Again?

3. Where is Kingdom Hearts III in its development?
    They do not feel comfortable putting a percentage on the development, but have stated that the key gameplay mechanics, worlds, and ideas have been finalized, and mass production is underway with a large team dedicated to seeing it through.

4. What do the next-gen consoles let you do for Kingdom Hearts III?
    The capabilities of the PS4 and Xbox One allow for the Kingdom Shader(s), as well as more seamless loading, better lighting effects, much larger map areas, and a huge reduction in loading screens (not officially stated, but it's been suggested that there is a possibility that the only loading screens may be those when transitioning from world to world). Further more, movements have been advanced (water will ripple, Sora's hair will move, the tip of the Keyblade will light up with the color of the spell you're casting, etc.).

5. What changes can we expect to see in combat?
    Ally and Enemy AIs will be more advanced; enemies will work together, and allies will interact with you in more ways in combat. Keyblade Transformations and Attraction Flow techniques are available based on "good or favorable" timing. Nomura emphasizes giving players more choice into how they approach battles.

6. Will there be new minigames/sidequests?
    Nomura states they can't state anything right now, but the development team is having lots of fun building them as we speak!

7. What will character progression and leveling be like?
    Nomura stated that he and the team felt the KH/KH2 system was "perfect" due to its relative simplicity. However, there will be some new elements that can be leveled up, the most notable being the Keyblade itself.

8. What about the Final Fantasy 7 remake, and how that's going alongside Kingdom Hearts III?
    Kingdom Hearts III is a lot further into development than the Final Fantasy 7 remake. Therefore, they do not get into the way of each other's development, as both have separate production teams working on them. However, some creative elements from one may influence and bleed into the other.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Plums, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Plums
      Plums
      Part of me wonders if it'll be like the Clock Program feature in Re:coded. You got certain passive abilities as you "Clocked" out a gauge on your touchscreen, and we you maxed it out you got to do a particular finisher move. I could see this being tied to Keyblade Transformations, in that you could get multiple options for transformations for a particular Keyblade as you level it up and get to choose which Tier 1/2 you want to use.

Of course, judging by the trailer that Mt. Olympus Keyblade transformation was very tailored to that world, so who really knows, lmao. Still pretty exciting stuff though (AND I HOPE IT IS LIKE THE CLOCK PROGRAM B/C RE:CODED'S GAMEPLAY DESERVES LOVE)
    2. Patman
      Patman
      Oh god no. I mean yes, I' m looking forward to leveling my keyblades and unlocking passive and/or active abilities. It could help most keyblades to stay relevant up until the end of the game, as opposed to just sticking with the higher stats. Especially if we become able to dual wield at some point. KH2 already had one passive ability per keyblade and some of them remained useful in key situations up until the end. I certainly wouldn' t mind upgrading that number. Or better yet, unlocking ability slots and being able to fill those up myself. The more freedom the better.

The clocking mechanic on the other hand was just broken. The abilities it unlocked often came up too early or too late and it was a drag to never know which ones you had at the moment without checking. Basically don' t time those things up, otherwise we have to assume we don' t have them on principle to stay on the safe side. Think "limit breaks in FFVII or FFX" versus "limit breaks in FF IX".
    3. Fearless
      Fearless
      BIG HERO 6 WORLD, MAYBE PLEASE?!?
    4. Krowley
      Krowley
      Interesting aspect I like that they're adding is the empowerment of obtained keyblades. There are a lot of cool looking ones out there, but usually get tossed aside once a powerful successor is found. This way, you can power up your more favorable blades, while still empowering on others.
      I imagine they'll do something like what they did in Kingdom Hearts Chi, where there are synthesis recipes to increase the keyblade's power.
      Earlier keyblades would probably get easier recipes, so you'd get something like a "Kingdom Key +10."

Baymax heals. Yes please.
    5. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      I want to upgrade my Kingdom key to X-blade , please?
    6. Patman
      Patman
      That would look awkward as hell. ^^''
      Unless he holds it with both hands and uses it like scissors. Wait nope, still awkward. xD
    7. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I'll be pissed if Lightning was put into KHIII. The FFXIII series of games were some of the worse entries in the overall FF series.
    8. Excasr
      Excasr
      Can I finally expect allies not to use 15 potions, 5 curagas and 18 elixirs at the same time to heal Sora while he is casting cure on himself?

Fffff yessssss.
    9. CloakedThunder
      CloakedThunder
      Another problem I hope that is fixed with advanced AI is that when you have no potions left and are down to your last bit of health , instead of healing you, Donald goes and heals Goofy who has a lot more health left than you.
    10. Plums
      Plums
      Oh yeah, it being exactly the same as the clock system would be wayyy too game breaking, haha. I meant more of a simplified version where you could unlock transformations and then choose them in the main menu to equip along with the Keyblades or something like that. Although, agreed with the passive abilities, that would definitely be a lot less game breaking.