2012 : a decade of Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Patman, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah, at the very least i'd say it'll be two years before the new saga starts.

2. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah, and the use of Disney worlds would be a major issue.

3. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm going to sound VERY stupid, but what do you mean?

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This is just a guess but...

Since Disney only has so many good movies to pull material (worlds, characters, etc.) from, eventually the quality will get to a point where we'll wanna give up on the whole series. Besides, I doubt Disney will make many more (if any) amazing animated (hand drawn) movies.

5. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh. That makes perfect sense.

I feel like a idiot. ^_^; Let's hope Disney does make more animated movies.

6. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

And, in the end, they also have TV shows. Still, Disney have promised to make more traditionally animated movies, and even so, the 3D movies are also an available choice. They're not restricted to just traditionally-animated films, or just 'the good ones'. And no, those aren't the same categories either.

But they may run out of movies at some point considering the speed they're going at with including them. And since they appear to not have permission to use Pixar films and characters anymore, this might happen faster than you think.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I don't know... having a movie like Tangled (Rapunzel would've made a good princess of heart) could be a bit risky. Sure, if done right it could be a great world but if they just speed through it or add it on at the very end of production -cough-Atlantica-cough- it could be a nightmare. I'd also like to see some Pixar movies in the mix just to add a bit of variety. Maybe they could have a world based on Howl's Moving Castle (produced her in the U.S. by Disney). It'd fit since they've already got villains, lovers, magic, and monsters. A film like that could be a great fit... if the rights get passed about between Nomura and Miyazaki.

8. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I really would like to see a Toy Story or maybe maybe Up world. Up might not work, but I'd like to see it. ;D

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm not so fussed about Mickey, he is originally a Disney character not a kingdom hearts character. I would rather them focus on the organisation before they became nobodies or something along those lines. I know this is probably been said many times but I would rather know more about them then the others.

If they were to do something different it would be interesting if they did something like a completely different style game altogether. For example a fighting game where you can be the characters from any other games and have one on one battles (like Tekken). It probably wouldn't happen and this is just an example, I would rather see something new and exciting.

10. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Kinda like the CoM style but without the cards? Yeah, I would like to see that too. Something fresh and exciting - because of my birthday I havn't even started playing BBS yet, but from the videos I've seen the battle system looks epic. One-on-One Tekken style battles would be awesome.

11. Sara Tea Drinker

Please, sorry all tweens out there, DO NOT bring in tv shows for Disney into Kingdom Hearts. Something just died when you said that. I will NOT play KH anymore if they bring in Hannah Montana or the other Disney tv shows. Sorry, but I think they're utterly stupid and not that well made. Even Full House has lost interest for me. There's a ton of good disney movies in the vault and a whole ton of different storylines if they don't stick to the movies. They need to get more creative with the worlds they have, not bring in more that aren't well-made except to a very limited age group to keep it popular.

Sorry for the rant, but that's the damned truth and I will not play any KH game with a Disney TV show there. I hope they add Robin Hood, or other ones. And Mickey's side story is an excellent celebration of the decade of KH.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I agree with you. The Disney Channel shows are stupid. Though I doubt they'd stick them into KH and like you said they've still got plenty of stuff in the vault.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I agree, Hannah Montana, High school musical and Camp rock should stay far away from kingdom hearts. Kingdom hearts feels original and so should stick to the original movies. There are still loads of films that they haven't used plus sequels so I don't think they will resort to using Disney chanel shows like Hannah Montana.

14. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Disney wouldn't be so stupid, so suppose were safe for now....I totally hate those shows. Kids at school just say I suck because of it. ]-= Disney can use The Princess and the Frog instead. *chuckles to self for some stupid reason* I just know it'll be in KH3, it's perfect for it.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

To those saying they would hate if shows like Hannah Montana would be in the game...do you honestly think Square or Disney would be that stupid? Not because the shows "suck," but because it wouldn't fit. Who would Sora fight? Unless they make it the new Atlantica where Sora has to disguise himself and sing about the climb to being Keyblade Master.

16. Dredica SNES was the best.

I meant that there's only so many Disney movies that would actually have any good gameplay or a storyline relating to Kingdom Hearts in any way, and it seems Birth By Sleep took all of them. Space whatever [Stich], and Neverland seemed like filler to me.

17. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

That would be so awesome!! That's what I really want! KH1 was always hard for me to beat. They should remake it with the gameplay of KH2, which was easier.

For people who say that they are tired of the spin-offs...well...I say...KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!! The more KH the better in my opinion. I really hope KH turns into FF with tons of games! I never want the KH series to end!

Disney should start making more 2D movies like Aladdin and stuff instead of these 3D movies like this new Tangled. 2D movies are so Disney!

We don't need a game focusing on Riku's side of the story or Mickey's side either. We have Re: Com for that. We pretty much get the picture in the overall story-line what they did.

18. Patman Bof

Some people from the French Final Fantasy forum that I use just had an opportunity to interview Shinji Hashimoto, SE vice-president. They asked him, amongst other things, if KH3 would be on PS3 and if a KH movie was in the works. He answered that their focus for the moment was on KH3D and that a lot of news would be given about it next year (should I deduce KH3D won' t be released until 2012 ?). He also answered that there' s no KH movie planned for the moment, but that he heard people talking about an animated series.

On a sidenote they asked him if Noctis would teleport and fight à la Sora, he laughed and answered that they don' t' really fight the same way, and that very few has been shown about Noctis fight-style yet.

Here' s the interview (very badly cut and in French, obviously, I put it as a source, just so that you can see this is indeed Shinji Hashimoto talking) :
    [video=youtube;bcK_pkLPGUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcK_pkLPGUI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

19. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, kind of out of place, but what the hell. I just kind of -needed- to post this.

I would be really, really heart broken if Kingdom Hearts just goes all...Final Fantasy on us. Sigh. Final Fantasy XIII was just so short, boring and linear... I'd hate to see a Kingdom Hearts game in its place... (yes, a really big fan)

Regards to the anniversary, maybe they should make it like Dissidia. No, not a completely new storyline, but stories from different characters' point of views. Like Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, Yen Sid's sudden disappearance (where DID he go?), Saix, perhaps...all in one game. Make the stories short yet plot-relevant and satisfying enough. Just my humble opinion.

Regards to the Disney worlds thing...well, maybe they don't HAVE to use 100% Disney--or 95%. If they do start a new saga, maybe they won't use that much Disney and put more FF this time; who knows? All I can say is that if I was Nomura, and I was totally bent on FF-ing KH, I wouldn't depend on JUST Disney worlds.

Not meaning to bother, just wanted to share my thoughts. Sorry if I did bother.
    </3

20. GuideYouHome Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh, I totally agree with you! I couldn't bear it if that happened! KH is too good for that!

I'd like to see a special edition game or something... I don't know...