2012 : a decade of Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Patman, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Patman Bof

Nomura stated three things in various interviews :
    -Until KH3 is ready there will be one Kingdom Hearts game released every year.
    -KH3 won' t be released before 2013 (at best).
    -Something special will happen in 2012 to celebrate Kingdom Hearts tenth anniversary.

In 2012 I' d like to see a game putting the spotlight on Mickey, focusing on his side of the story and explaining how he got his hands on his dark Keyblade. I cannot conceive a best way to do something "special".

The point of this thread is : what do YOU think would be nice to celebrate Kingdom Hearts 10th anniversary ?

2. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

Well we do know that Nomura said that KHIII was official, but can we have a trailer please mr.Nomura? I want to see what you guys have up your sleeve this time, (maybe the game could be on 360 since FFXIII was on 360, but than again Sony fanboys would ***** and complain) maybe some DLC? would be nice. Also I want a KH game where its focused on Rikus side of the story, like his side in the first game.

3. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another spin of- oh wait. Maybe they will release both Final Mixes or port the KH games to current generation consoles like GoW Collection .

How can they have a trailer if there is no game to show yet? He can't magically pop up some scenes.

4. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

It's an interesting statement. At least we have a general and realistic idea of when KH3 is coming out. I doubt they have more than final concepts so far.

A trailer this early? Madness. If it does end up on Xbox 360 it'll also be on PS3, they wouldn't screw over their fans for either consoles (considering how the first two where on PS2 I'd imagine it'd be on PS3 as well). I don't think they'll have DLC, Kingdom Hearts doesn't strike me as a series that needs DLC. Since everything in the game has it's own backstory, DLC would ruin the atmosphere of the game IMO unless it's just costume/character skin swaps or the likes.
    And gimme gimme never gets. We don't really need to see Riku's backstory in any of the games since in KH1 he doesn't do anything until Sora reached Monstro. In Days you see him popping up everywhere that he was at the time and in KH2 you see him enough as is in the game to know what he's up to.

I'd like to see a game about Mickey's adventure into the realm of darkness, if my assumption is right he only just gets the keyblade of the realm of darkness at the end of KH1 (where he pops up and is like "DAMN SON, THIS KEYBLADE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT CRAP I GOT FROM YEN SID, I'LL GIVE IT TO SORA IN THE SEQUEL")

Also, gonna move this to a KH section.

5. Arch Mana Knight

A long time ago, didn't Nomura say that he would work on a non-game title for the Kingdom Hearts series and that it would be a surprise? Or was it just a project that he didn't say was a game but was a game anyways? I forgot. He said this whan 358/2 Days was still being developed if I remember correctly. Maybe it might be a short movie or something or a spin-off game that has nothing to do with the story of the series like how Dissidia is to Final Fantasy(fanservice).

I'm really hoping for something rather creative other than just another game to explain a story that won't really matter in the end.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I thought I heard somewhere that production on KH3 wouldn't start until 2012. Well a trailer of some sort would be nice but knowing Nomura it'll be a total shocker. Something we'd never expect...

7. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Personally I'm just tired of all the remakes SE releases especially with the FF games. - Honestly, I'd just like to something new... problem is I don't know what. xD Although a special edition KH console release would be fantastic.

8. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

Not in 2012, when versus XIII is done, so it may be sooner though probably later... >.>"

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Isn't that why they make all the FM games?

A special anniversary edition would be another thing though. Can anyone else say KH and KH2 PS3 remake in HD with all the extra FM content on one disc?

10. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

No. FM are just basically the US/EUR version with bonus added stuff. They release them so the Japanese players get to experience our version (just with added stuff we don't get :( Unless you import it.) But yea I'd like to see a console instead of a handheld system being released.

11. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

The world will end. How about that?

I think that this is the most possible thing to happen. Maybe along with extras, making of etc. I don't think that anything big will happen, maybe some new merchandise and a new portable game, but nothing exciting.

12. Sara Tea Drinker

I think something died in me when I heard the fact they're making one a year KH. Please for the love of everything, don't. Final Fantasy was bad enough, the last one came out so glitched that people are STILL complaining about it, Final Fantasy XIII wasn't impressive. I could go on for hours. Please don't make once a year Kingdom Hearts, or at least some portables and not all consoles. There's no way in hell you can make a good game like KH in a year.

Also, I'm hoping at the bottom of my heart that they do the FM's for the U.S. Maybe a background on Mickey, too. I doubt it'll be the first, though.

13. February Destiny Islands Resident

This may sound dumb, but I hope that it's a animated Kingdom Hearts Disney movie. I can see Squareenix teaming up with the Disney Animation department, and creating a really cool KH 1 movie.

14. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I doubt it. Disney in no possible way would waste the smallest amount of money for a film that would only be watched by KH fans. Especially if it is a sequel or something that requires the knowledge of the games.

And i have to agree with Sara, yearly KH installments will most likely cause damage to the franchise and although i would really like a KH game with Mickey as the main character i don't see it happening, at least not anytime soon.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Either of these would be great. I'd also love to see KH from Mickey's point of view.

As long as it's something good like Advent Children then i'd be okay with it.

16. Dredica SNES was the best.

I think it would just be hilarious if they would run out of ideas, and then when Kingdom Hearts III came out, there wouldn't be anymore mysteries. That's only 2011, one game, 2012, two games, right? That's not bad at all. But do they mean they are going to continue making one game each year AFTER Kingdom Hearts III is released?

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

i say so it does not get completely drained that they re do kh 1 2 and re com
    on the 360 and ps3 it can be done and it should i mean my ps2 died so no more kh 1 or 2
    i think this will most likely happen

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Maybe. I mean Nomura has said that KHIII will be the end of the Xehanort saga. He never said it's be the end of Kingdom Hearts as a series. Maybe it'll end up like Final Fantasy after all...

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I am 99% sure that he said it'll continue afterwards with Sora as the hero.
    As for a game every year after KH3, it's quite possible. But I think that's once the new saga starts. I think there'll be sometime between KH3 and the new saga, at least more than one year.

20. Ventuskeyblade Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, like SUPER SMASH HEARTS
    unless there isn't enough characters for that.